Telephone: 0191 3772495 to book an appointment.
If you wish to see a Doctor, please make an appointment either by calling at the surgery or telephoning. We operate an appointments system, which provides a number of same day appointments as well as a number of pre bookable slots which can be booked several weeks in advance for your convenience. All emergency cases will be seen on the day of contact.
Our receptionists will always try to arrange for you to see a doctor of your choice. However, if that is not possible you will be offered an alternative. Please cancel any appointment you cannot attend, otherwise you may deprive other patients from getting an appointment.
Please help us by being punctual: if you are late there is no guarantee you will be seen. Remember: one appointment for one patient. Please do not bring other patients with you and expect the doctor to see more than one patient when only one appointment has been made. Our appointment slots are 10 minutes; if you feel you need longer to discuss your current medical problems please ask for a double appointment slot.
Our practice nurse can treat patients for a wide range of common conditions as well as being involved in the monitoring of any long term health conditions. You can expect to see a nurse within one working day with the exception of annual leave periods.
You can help us by:
- Telling us if you are in a telephone box. We will ring you back. Say immediately if your call is an emergency.
- Letting us know if more than one person in the family needs to be seen. We can give you a longer appointment if necessary.
- Telling us if you want someone to accompany you during an examination or a private room to discuss any matters. Remember that the results of tests can only be given to the patient.
- Being on time for your appointment
- Letting us know if you need to cancel
- Ringing to speak to the doctor for advice after 1pm
- Ringing to speak to the nurse after 12noon
- Ringing to book an ambulance after 10am